Types of Minnesota Work Injuries in 2017 | Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
Minnesota Work Injuries | Types of Injuries Reported
The Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry just concluded a study of work injuries that were sustained by Minnesotans in 2017. The study revealed the following:
- 50% of the injuries sustained were sprains, strains or tears.
- 17% of the injuries were from falls on the same level.
- 6% of the injuries were from violence in the workplace.
- 21% of the injuries were caused by structures or surfaces.
- 8% were caused by tools, instruments or equipment.
- 23% of the injuries were to the arms and hands.
- 18% involved the back.
- 8% involved the head and neck.
Minnesota work injuries come in all shapes and sizes. It is always important to make sure that the appropriate safety precautions are in place and that employees are using appropriate body mechanics to avoid injury or insult.
Even with the appropriate safety procedures in place and appropriate care when working, work injuries can occur. It is important to understand your rights following a work injury. Unlike many other areas of law speaking with an attorney about your work injury is free. As such you should stay empowered and informed by talking to an experienced Worker’s Compensation lawyer. Contact our office for free, no hassle consultation.
Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Lawyers | Coon Rapids | Eden Prairie | St. Cloud | Mankato | Rochester |Duluth |Minneapolis | St. Paul | Andover | Blaine | Elk River |
Photo by Nicole Harrington on Unsplash